Has anyone picked up on the fact that I use song titles usually to title my posts? And more often than not, they're Needtobreathe song titles... Imagine that!
Anyway...
Thursdays are awkward.
I don't know what my problem was today, but I felt really out of place. And it made me think. I feel out of place a lot. I can look back at my growing up days and remember never really fitting in anywhere. I'm not an athlete, I'm not a slacker, I'm not into partying. I'm kind of nerdy and boring, but I don't even fit in with the smart crowd. I've always been a little bit country and a little bit PUBLIC (Kenna, that one's for you!). I like all kinds of music, I like being indoors AND outdoors. I'm girly sometimes and a tom-boy sometimes. I'm shy and out-going. I'm clumsy and I've been told I'm graceful.
I'm not complaining that I don't fit in anywhere. I have plenty of people in my life who love me. And I figured out a long time ago, either people will like you or they won't. I know that for some people, they'll go out of their way to be someone they're not just to make friends.
It seems that lately, people come into my life for a very short period of time. It stinks because there have been some really great people who I barely got to know and then I turn around and they're gone. But maybe it isn't that THEY are out of MY life. Maybe I came into THEIR life for that short period of time to bless them and get them through something. I don't know...
The way I see it, God created me as I am for a very specific purpose. As Christians, we're suppose to stand out from the crowd. I don't have to fit in with this world. I may be an OUTSIDER (song title) but I think it's kind of awesome!
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed
by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove
what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given
Me, for they are Yours. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. John 17:9-10
No comments:
Post a Comment