Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Confessions of an Optimistic Control Freak

If you know me, you probably know that I'm a control freak. Which is interesting because there are so many things that I don't have control over. And you probably are also very aware of the fact that I am an optimistic person as well. I can usually see the bright side of every situation. And for sure, I rarely let anyone else see anything less than optimism.

But I have a confession. I'm not always that person. On occasion, I completely lose my way. I fall apart and doubt everything I know to be true.

I'm telling you this because I think it's important for people to know that it's ok to fall apart every once in a while. It's ok to work through all of your emotions and doubts and fears. But to truly be able to do this, you have to fall into the arms of Jesus.

I've had an interesting year, to say the least. Not much has gone like I expected. Difficulties just keep getting tossed into my lap and I don't always know what to do. And I don't always make the "right" choice (according to some), but I try to make the best decision for MY life, my circumstances, my options. God does the leading and I will trust Him wherever He takes me.

I try to be honest about my faith walk because so many people aren't. They put on this front that they never worry or fear. But that's not reality. We're all sinful humans and our natural tendency is to doubt. I'm not a naturally positive person, believe it or not. It took a lot of time to train my mind to think differently.

But I love thinking about how God uses every situation to teach me new things and to mold me into someone more like Him. It's always a process. It's through the unexpected times that He teaches me the most.



2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment