Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Whoa, Wait...What?

I've had quite an interesting year already and it's only August. Or already August, whichever way you want to look at it. God has absolutely come through for me in many ways. He's shown me how truly great He is through all of the struggles, obstacles, and disappointments I've experienced. I've been greatly blessed as I've muddled my way through the year, trying to figure out what I'm suppose to be doing in this season of my life.

After I "lost" my job in April, I was fortunate to be welcomed to MDO through the end of the school year. It was two days a week and I didn't know whether I'd be able to return in the fall. It really felt like a temporary thing. I finally realized that I should apply for college. I didn't even begin the process until almost June so I was a little behind, but I was positive that God would work out the details if that was where I was meant to be.

Over the next two months or so, I planned and prepared for going to school. It felt like there was one problem after another, though. I did everything I was suppose to do, but there were still obstacles. I applied for financial aid, took my COMPASS test, filled out my application, got my high school transcript, and wrote a check. I wasn't about to let the little speed bumps stop me from doing my part. My acceptance should have taken two weeks, but instead took four.

Except that I wasn't accepted.

Wow.

I was so sure that everything would come together so that I could start school this Fall. And because the University dragged their feet, I didn't even have time to get registered at NWACC. So school is not in the cards right now.

I found out yesterday and it was a rough day. Full of lies and frustration and fear and emotion. But somehow I found my way out of all that. I know God has a purpose for allowing me to go through all of this only to be told NO (or hopefully, JUST WAIT). I'm not sure what it is yet, but I'm sure along the way I'll understand. I'm amazed at how He speaks to me in all kinds of different ways to remind me of the truth.

So what's next? Well, thankfully MDO starts again in September so I won't be stuck at home ALL the time and I'm going to keep praying and will apply for NWACC and hopefully get registered for the Spring semester. If it's God's will then I'll only be a semester behind what I originally thought. I realize a lot can happen in the next 5+ years and God may lead me somewhere else. But when it's all said and done, I can only ask God to show me the next step and go from there. That's all that really matters anyway. I'm holding on to God's promise of a future while trying to hear Him where I am now.


Everybody has a piece of the jigsaw puzzle. Only God sees the picture on the box. ~ Max Lucado
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't get accepted, but I am glad you will be back at MDO this year! I am so amazed by your strength & faith in God! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete