Earlier in the week, I got to take my nieces to their summer cheer practice. It was really sweet watching all three of them participate, yet in their own unique ways. After practice, we went back to their house. Maddey watched some tv and Kenna went to her room. That left me and Myia to hang out. Myia loves to play guessing games. It's usually I Spy or some version of that. She got bored and wanted to make up a new game. I decided to introduce her to 20 Questions. When her parents got home, we decided to go eat dinner. On our way into the restaurant, Myia grabbed my hand to hold while we walked. There's no other word to describe that moment except that it was precious. (It turned out that everyone played 20 Questions. Such a simple game, yet so entertaining.)
On Thursday, I had an appointment to discuss having a wisdom tooth removed. It ended up that I could have it done that day. It was simple and mostly painless. Derek was off work that day so he brought me home, gave me a pain pill (for when the shots wore off), and let me rest. I don't take a lot of pharmaceutical drugs. I take ibuprofen and Tylenol some but that's really it. Up until I started having problems with my wisdom tooth, I hadn't needed an antibiotic in about 5 years. And I hadn't used prescription pain pills since I had my surgery in 2000! So I was nervous about taking this pain pill. My husband came to check on me and made sure that I was still breathing! He'll probably be mad at me for telling on him, but it was just so sweet I couldn't help it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment