The first half of my week was a little busy. As in, I actually got out of the house. The end of the week has been a little...quieter.
As I mentioned in my last LM (Little Moments) post, the ladies of MDO were having a little 'meeting' on Monday. We enjoyed some great summer food, things that I don't get at home (because there's a picky eater at my house!) and we also made vanilla extract. Well, we PREPARED the ingredients anyway. It takes 2 months before you can use it. Thanks to Sara, we'll be enjoying REAL vanilla extract soon! I'm really enjoying getting to know this group of women.
On Tuesday, Derek and I went out to dinner. This is an extremely rare occasion. Seriously. I can probably count on 2 hands the times we've been to a sit-down restaurant in 8 years, just the two of us! It just doesn't happen. Anyway, we went to Applebee's and were joking the whole time about how we are each other's choice for going to Applebee's when we're old. (It's from the movie Couples Retreat.) The meal was great actually, but the service was disappointing. It was quite entertaining watching my husband trying to get the waiter to bring back his $3!
Wednesday, I went to MDO to help clean out the old library that is becoming the new office. At this point in my summer, just getting out of the house is a blessing. Truly. But it was nice spending time again with some great people.
After that I came home and started reading the book, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. My sweetheart of a friend, Maghan, thought I needed to be glued to the couch for the next 2.5 days and let me borrow it. And that's where I was. On the couch. When I needed a break, I'd get up and clean something or throw in a load of laundry. But mostly, I was on the couch reading. Fantastic read. Totally recommend it!
And Saturday evening, I got to spend with my precious Addi! Her mom and dad actually had an opportunity for a date night so I went over to hang out with Addi. We had a blast, of course. She is so much fun! I love that I can still be part of her life even though I'm no longer her nanny. It's really special.
Sunday, Derek didn't have to go to work until 2:30 so we had a little extra time together. We went to Harp's to pick up a few things. I knew that prices were high at the store by the university but WOW! We didn't even get everything. We'll be going to WalMart later! Ha.
I also made M&M cookies this week. They were good, but didn't turn out the way I'd hoped. (Like Hubba Bubba Subz's, hehe) And I crocheted another hat. I'm working on a scarf, too. AND I got an email from the university with info for registering an email address. They said they're still working on the application process, but maybe that's a good sign?! I don't know, but one can hope!
This is my exciting week. Even these little moments are a blessing and I don't want to miss out on them. God is showing me that the everyday-ness of life is what really counts.
...for I have learned in whatever state I am , to be content. (Philippians 4:11)
No comments:
Post a Comment