I PLAN to start a weekly post where I reflect on the little moments in my life that capture my heart. Here is the first go at it...
Unfortunately, I have a bad memory so I honestly can't remember the whole week. Either that or it wasn't that memorable. Anyway, so the moments I will be sharing are from the weekend only and we'll just hope next week's post is better. :)
On Saturday my nieces came over for the evening. We cooked dinner, went swimming and watched a couple of movies. We decided to watch VeggieTales' Lord of the Beans. I am a HUGE fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy AND VeggieTales so to combine them is perfection. If you've never seen either, you should. Anyway, Myia was mocking the part where the trees spit raspberries. And then she started to giggle. Which made me giggle. A lot. I couldn't stop. Her laugh is contagious. Derek, Maddey, and Kenna couldn't figure out what was so funny, but Myia and I couldn't stop laughing to tell them.
On Sunday, I went to my Misti's (my sister, mother to the girls in previous 'moment') to watch the Women's World Cup Finals. The girls are soccer players so this was an anxiety-filled game for Kenna, especially. She was shouting at the tv, telling the players what they should do. I love her passion and dedication to soccer even though I don't FULLY understand it. :) Of course the game ended in disappointment for USA, but the time with my family was sweet.
Today the ladies of MDO-UBC are meeting to discuss the upcoming year and just have some food and fun. So I made a cake. I forgot to grease the pan. But the cake smells amazing and I love baking, especially for other people.
So I fully intend to keep making posts like this one. I'm wanting to rework my blog some and I think this is a good start. Let me know what you think!
This is a great idea!!
ReplyDelete