I was listening to an old CD today with songs I downloaded several years ago. (You can tell it's old because it's a CD and not an MP3!) Most of the songs are much older than even the year I downloaded them. One is a country song by Tanya Tucker and Paul Overstreet called 'I Won't Take Less Than Your Love' (1987). You may know it or you may not. That's irrelevant.
I was not expecting to be moved spiritually by a country song today. But God is awesome like that and can use anything to speak to our hearts. The last verse of the song is
How much do I owe you said the man to his Lord
For giving me this day and every day that's gone before
Shall I build a temple, shall I make a sacrifice
Tell me Lord and I will pay the price
and the Lord said
I won't take less than your love, sweet love
I won't take less than your love
All the treasures of the world could never be enough
And I won't take less than your love
Think on it.
And in the words of Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. (Mark 12:30)
No comments:
Post a Comment