Yesterday, Derek and I celebrated 6 years of marriage.
We got married when we were 19. I knew getting married young would be tough. And it was. But I never once doubted that Derek was the man that God had chosen for me. I wouldn't trade those first few years for anything in the world.
Derek is my best friend. He protects me. He takes care of me. He supports everything I do. He still thinks I'm beautiful and tells me everyday.
6 years is not much compared to the 50+ my grandparents have been married. But in today's society, 6 years is quite an accomplishment. Especially because we were so young when we made our vows. I know that we are incredibly blessed and I try very hard not to take our life for granted.
We've learned a lot about marriage in the few years we've had together. We know how important faith and love are. We believe in each other and trust God to direct our paths.
Derek is the love of my life and I can't imagine a day without him. Our life is nowhere close to perfect and we don't have a lot to call our own, but our life is so blessed and in my eyes we have it all!
My beloved is mine and I am his... Song of Solomon 2:16
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
No comments:
Post a Comment