As I'm typing at the moment, I am listening to my FAVORITE band. Needtobreathe. Currently on the playlist is their song "Restless." Can I just say that I have been listening to the three albums they have out for about a year now. They are played over and over and over and I NEVER get tired of them! Seriously. I rarely listen to anything else. Though thanks to my wonderful niece, I have started listening to some country music again. More thoughts on that later.
So this week we had an ice/snow storm. Nothing like the "Ice Storm of '09" but it has been nicknamed Snowmageddon and Snowpocalypse, among many others. It's hit something like 30 states in the US. Here in NW Arkansas, we got half an inch of ice and up to 6 or 7 inches of snow. Something like that. This is day 3 and the roads look as if nothing has been done, even though roads crews have been out all over the place! Derek and I attempted to go to town today so I could work and we didn't even make a mile before deciding it is still too dangerous to drive all the way to town. On top of the ice and snow, we have frigid cold temperatures. It's currently 12 degrees and got somewhere below 0 early this morning. Yeah. And the crazy thing is, it got up to 70 last Saturday!! You know what they say about Arkansas, though. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it'll change. Soooo true! I mean, I love living here because we do get to experience all of the seasons, but this is nuts! I might not be complaining so much if I could at least leave my house.
Maggie is LOVING it. She has a friend (neighbor's dog) who comes to visit her everyday and they have been playing in the snow and having a good time. I have pictures of them but haven't uploaded them yet. I'll post them at some point.
So let's see, since my last post (in October!) we've celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. And it was different this year. We actually had Christmas Eve at my house which was new. And fun! And New Year's Eve, Derek and I stayed home alone. The past 2 years we've celebrated by having the youth group over. So it was definitely much quieter this year.
And for Christma
s, Kenna got tickets to see Jason Aldean and Eric Church in concert. She invited me to go with her! I felt so special she chose me out of all of her friends and everyone she could have chosen. Misti and Katie went, too. It was WAAAAAAAAAAAY fun! Thus renewing my love for country music, like I mentioned above. A great concert can do that. Something about seeing a performer live really solidifies your respect or lack thereof.
I will be searching for a new job sometime in April. Windsor will be going to preschool and Addi will be going to daycare. Gonna be a sad day! I have been with Windsor for almost 3 years, since she was 3 months. And Addi, for just over a year but since she was 3 or 4 months, too. I'm not really sure what I want to do. I'm thinking maybe trying to get into a bakery or maybe photography? I'd really like to find something that I can learn. School is always an option, but I don't know what I would do. Just gonna have to keep praying and thinking!
Beyond the holidays, concert, and snow not much more has really gone on since my last post. Winter is hard on me. The short time span of daylight each day and the cold, make me want to stay in all the time. I get frustrated because I WANT to go out and do stuff, but can't seem to get motivated. Oh, well. Punxsutawney Phil says Spring is on its way soon so hopefully I can make it til then! If you are suffering alongside me, here is a picture of Arkansas summer! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment