My NUMBER ONE, absolute, most favorite thing about Fall is the changing of the le
aves. I believe with all my heart, I am so blessed to live in Arkansas just for the beauty of our landscape. I know that year after year, I can look forward to beautiful scenery!
Not only are the trees gorgeous, but the weather is FANTASTIC! There's a good balance of clear blue skies as well as gray and gloomy skies. It rains fairly often, but it's not typically too cold. Just right for chili and stew, hayrides, deer hunting, sweaters, and according to many, FOOTBALL.
I enjoy cooking. My favorite concept is baking and there are all kinds of fall pies, cakes, and cookies to make, but I love making stew in the fall. Not only does it taste like Fall, it looks like Fall as well. To be able to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon, curled up with a hot bowl of stew is a taste of Fall paradise to me!
For the past 3 or 4 years, I've been able to attend the hay ride that my church hosts every year. We usually eat
chili and roast hot dogs over a bonfire, enjoy the fellowship, and then take all the kids (even the big kids) on an hour long ride on trailers filled with hay (pulled by trucks or tractors) through the dark night on the dirt roads. With everyone bundled up and covered with quilts we sing, share stories, and cherish the memories we make.
I've only been hunting once and I didn't even carry a gun or intend to shoot anything. I just went with Derek. I don't think we even saw anything that day. But the crunching of the leaves, the crisp wind, and being with my wonderful husband was blessing enough for me.
Another favorite is attending my neice's soccer games. Unfortunately most of Meke
nna's games are tournaments that are out of town. Myia and Maddey both play on Saturday mornings so most weeks I get to cheer them on! This is Maddey's first year and Myia's third (I think). I love being able to be there for them, letting them know that I always will be. And watching them grow and change is precious time that I treasure.
I LOVE Fall because that means pulling out AND buying new clothes. I'm a big shoe fan so getting to sport my boots is so much fun for me. And I'm in love with sweaters. I could seriously probably wear sweaters everyday of the year if weather permitted. HA!
Something new I am trying this year is getting excited about football. Particularly Razorback Football. I didn't grow up interested in sports, but I know a little about football from dating a player in jr. high and high school. And when Derek and I got together, I realized his family are BIG Hog fans. I, how
ever, am/was not. We'd always get together for the bigger games like LSU and whatever bowl game the Hogs played. And maybe one or two others in the season. But I pretty much only went to watch the games because there was food involved! Haha. I just wasn't interested. Anyway, this year I told Derek that we were gonna watch the games and have people over, in hopes of finding a new interest. We just had the 2nd game and I'm not sure if I'm anymore interested in football but I have enjoyed the time with family and friends and glad that the Hogs won both games! I don't expect to attend any games this year, but who knows what will happen. I may very well become a bigger fan than my in-laws!
Here are a few pictures of more Fall traditions that I love!
nu=32+%29572%29949%29WSNRCG%3D323952+938795nu0mrj.jpg)
nu=32+%29572%29949%29WSNRCG%3D3382766%3B+232%28nu0mrj.jpg)
nu=32+%29572%29949%29WSNRCG%3D34%2854+894%3B32%28nu0mrj.jpg)
Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment