So tonight's lesson in my teen class was about "Attitude." I have been learning a LOT about attitude and the effects it has on my life in the last year or so. And I admit, for the most part life (recently) has gone fairly well for me, so I pray that when I am faced with hardship again that I will remember all that I am learning!
There was a time that I was negative about almost everything. It was difficult for me to find the good and to be grateful for the life God had given me. At some point, I decided to start counting my blessings and praising God, Who blesses me. Even if all I could think of was that I was alive and breathing or that I had food on the table. Eventually, I found that I had so many things to be thankful for that it became difficult to find anything NEGATIVE! I can find something positive in almost anything now. So much that I get on other people's nerves! Haha.
I find myself to be content with my life, though it isn't the life I always dreamed. That's ok because God gives us new dreams when we submit to His will. So my advice to you Negative Nellys, just start small. Look back at your day and thank God for just 3 blessings. I know you can do it! Look to the One who gave you life and acknowledge what He is doing in the life He gave you. What's the worst that could happen? ;-)
Here's a bit of motivation:
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want. ~Oscar Wilde
If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill
Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. ~Author Unknown
There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate. ~Robert Brault
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer
The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~Scott Hamilton
I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. ~Anne Frank
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. ~William James
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault
I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum. 'Cos how can you be grumpy When the sun shines out your bum! ~Author Unknown
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty. ~J. Andrew Helt
I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else. ~Winston Churchill
Optimist: someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go. ~Frederick Faber
Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them. ~Author Unknown
Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. ~Art Linkletter
Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~Emory Austin
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. ~William Arthur Ward
"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately." ~A.A. Milne
You must start with a positive attitude or you will surely end without one. ~Carrie Latet
Attitude is 90% of the solution. ~Me
No comments:
Post a Comment