Monday, August 23, 2010

Shine On

Wow! It feels like it's been a 'month of Sundays' since I've been able to write!! Not really sure where the time has gone or even why I haven't been able to sit down long enough to say hello...

So a couple of weeks ago my cousin wrecked his dirt bike and broke his neck. Way scary! He had to have surgery and is
recovering now, but will never be able to ride again. We have been working on a benefit, just trying to help where we can. Anyway, I've learned quite a bit about people in the process. It amazes me how people say they're doing something for a person yet clearly have their own motives involved! Just saying....
In that same week, we had to call an ambulance for my dad because his blood sugar levels dropped to 21! However, we did end up canceling EMS because he recovered from it. Again, WAY scary! I've watched my dad have episodes like this my whole life and even though he tolerates the lows and highs better than most diabetics, you just never know. 21 is an extremely dangerous level!

Derek started for the local Volunteer Fire Department a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't received his pager yet. So he has been SUPER antsy and anxious to receive it. We're hoping he will get a pager tonight at his meeting.

Addi is teething still. And her napping
is off schedule. Some days are wonderful and others are...not. And Windsor is just Windsor. Not much changes with her. She's pretty much happy all the time.

We are getting back into a routine in my Wednesda
y night Teen class. We missed a lot over the summer. We started a new lesson book a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to get it to work for my group. I think this week will be good!

So school started and my BABY brother, Logan, started his SENIOR year in high school!!!!!!!!! It just doesn't seem possible! I am beyond words about the whole thing. As if I didn't already feel OLD! Ha.Add Image

We got a cat. In addition to our 2 wild and ramb
unctious puppies, we now have Duchess. She belonged to my sister-in-law, Sarah, but wasn't happy. I think she was jealous of the other kitten! We had agreed to take Duchess months ago. BEFORE Maggie. So I wasn't super excited to get her now. She is a very sweet cat and seems really happy with us. Just not yet sure of Bear and Maggie. I don't know how she's gonna feel when she has to transition to being outside, though...Because I am not cool with her constantly pulling at my curtains and clawing at my furniture! Haha. Seriously, she's captured my heart but there's gonna be boundaries!
Soccer starts this week, too. It's Maddey's first year playing. I am so excited! Fortunately, most of the games are scheduled so we can attend both Myia and Maddey's games. Unfortunately, most of Mekenna's games are tournaments out of town!! That's disappointing because her games are really intense and competitive. I'm not a big sports fan, but I have really learned to love soccer in the past 6 or 7 years! Ok. Just the games my neices play. I could care less about pro-soccer or anything else!

Needless to say, there's been a lot going on lately. Although I can't seem to remember half of it. Maybe that's a sign that there is TOO much! I should really be doing other things right now, but I'm glad I took time to blog a little. Even though it was all I could do to remember anything and find anything specific to talk about! Oh, well. Maybe next time will be more interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment