Monday I went to town and spent the afternoon with Jess and her boys. She told me Dylan was asking whic
Addi is back from vacation. After not seeing her for 10 days, I was definite
Wednesday, of course, was class. I always look forward to class. I must say having the opportunity to teach isn't the easiest thing to do, but it's definitely a good growing experience. I love that we can have fun and in the same moment be serious about God. And I love that even when I don't do a good job (from my perspective) God can still turn it around and use it.
Thursday night, Derek and I stopped by the store to pick up snacks for the weekend with the youth group. When I got home, I had a conversation with one of my cousins that was such a blessing. I don't have the words to express how it touched my heart. In so many ways. And was just another great reminder that God can do anything, at any time.
Friday, I was invited to have dinner with some friends. I turned them down because
{And I have THE BEST family. Truly. Life throws things at us and no matter how difficult circumstances get, we find a way to pull through it. Even though we may not agree on everything, we know that God calls us to love each other. It doesn't matter what mistake we've made, He still says LOVE. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails..." (1 Corinthians 13:7, 8) And though loving sometimes doesn't come easy, we rely on God to help us do it. And to forgive. "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:15) And forgiveness is hard, too. But you have to be able to love to forgive. I thank God for my family. I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with them and the fun and laughter we share.}
So after dinner, we came home and the kids came over. We spent time just talking and playing games. Of course, we stayed up late. Too late for me!
Today, (a Saturday) I was up at 7:45am! Our plan was to leave the house by 8:30. We had been asked to
I just felt the need to recount my week and praise God for His goodness in my life. I'm grateful that He opens my eyes to appreciate what He's given me. He knows that I'm not perfect and yet loves me anyway. And even though I don't come close to giving Him the praise He deserves, He still pours out His love and mercy and blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment