Ten years ago, Derek and I began our life together. Every single day has been an adventure. For a couple of nineteen year old kids to start, I think we've done well so far. We've faced a lot of life's challenges. Things we couldn't possibly have prevented. We've put each other through a lot. Made some poor choices a long the way. We've laughed and cried and celebrated and faced defeat. We've yelled at each other and we've cheered each other on. We didn't have much to start and we still don't have much. The one constant is that we've always been by each other's side no matter what we've faced.
I know in the big picture of life, ten years is just a blink of the eye. We've learned a lot. About ourselves, each other, and life. But we don't know everything. We still have plenty of room for improvement. Just this year, I'm realizing how much I don't know. The longer we're married, the more I learn about Derek and the more I love and admire his heart. There really aren't enough words to express what he means to me. He loves me unconditionally. And I honestly mean that. With patience, determination, faith, humor, kindness, compassion, understanding. He's my best friend. Truly.
Our life together is beyond blessed. And without a doubt, I know that love is enough. And I look forward to all the new adventures the future holds for us.
Happy 10th Anniversary, my love!
Awwww, congratulations you two!
ReplyDelete