Thursday, July 22, 2010
Isn't it Ironic?
Seeing as how I am from Arkansas and according to the rest of the world we're all a bunch of backwoods hillbillies with no teeth and no shoes (which is far from true for MOST of us!), I'm a little behind on the whole blogging scene. I created an account months ago and intended to start blogging but didn't have anything to say. It took me some time to figure out why I should blog. And well, I've decided that it isn't because I feel as if I have a plethora of profound wisdom to share with the world. And it isn't because I want a bunch of followers or for people I don't see often enough to keep up with my life. I decided to blog because I like writing. And I haven't done much writing, virtually none if I'm going to be honest, in YEARS and YEARS! Actually I can't remember the last time I wrote anything. When I was 12 or so, my cousin and I wrote several episodes of this tv show we created. You know, just something for us to dream about. But hey. I have to say it was a pretty witty show for a couple of pre-teens! And I used to love English class in high school and any opportunity to share poems or stories I wrote. Truth be told, I don't think I kept any of it. I'm my own worst critic and every time I read something I've written, especially years later, it's never any good. And really, it isn't. So because lately I've been feeling like my life is missing something and I need to be reminded of who I really am, I decided blogging/writing would be a good opportunity for me to get in touch with my "deepest, most private" thoughts and feelings. Probably not, but it sounds good, right? With all that being said, here's to my first blog. About blogging. Maybe my next blog I'll tell you about the loves of my life. Or at least a few of them, because I have many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to blogging! I just started too and it's a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete